Wednesday, August 18, 2010

for the love of pete.

I seriously get along better with pleasantly crazy individuals.

I watched Eat. Pray. Love. last night.
At first I was wondering where the story was going to go. I was thinking ok...so you go on a long trip and poof! There is happiness. Naw...it's not that easy.

One thing that she said really stuck with me. I can't remember the exact quote but it was something like: "From failure and ruin comes transformation." I learned from that you can't be afraid to fail. You can't be so terried to make a mistake that you are stuck being a person you hate. I will admit I am a basket case at times. I need to learn to let the little things go and breathe once in a while.

I also learned that I like material things way too much. The only thing that is really worth having is the love of amazing people and to have the desire to do something with your life. Everything else is kind of insignificant. Sure, I want a nice house and nice things, but all of it is useless without someone to come home to or someone to call you and ask how you are doing from time to time.

I have seen people at their worst. I have seen people in the hospital who have cared so much about nonsense rather than spending time learning to love other people. It's those people who are left alone in their rooms waiting. It makes me sad and I do my best to look after them. I even try to find out their favorite past time and incorporate it into therapy. I want to make a difference and prove to people that it's never too late to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment