Sunday, September 20, 2009

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

I know its pathetic, but I have a facebook problem. I get on it all the time. Even on my phone. I don't even know why. Its not like I am missing something vital or important. People have lived without facebook for years and years and have gotten along fine. The sad thing is it is my connection to the lives of my friends. Without it I wouldn't know who was doing what or what was happening. That is sad. Really sad. Yesterday, I found out one of my dearest friend's father died. He was struggling with Pancreatic Cancer for 8 months. How did I not know that and why did I find out on facebook after the fact? Does that make me a horrible friend? Probably. I feel horrible about it. He was the sweetest man you could ever know. He used to make us breakfast when we had sleep overs and drive us to swim practice. His laugh was one you will never forget. And I will never forget it. He will be greatly missed.

I will kick this habit. I will do better.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment